Navua Hospital Project
- Final design is now being cleared by the China Urban Construction Design and Research Institute
- Site leveling and final topographic survey to begin December 2010.
- Actual project implementation is now likely to occur in the 1st Quarter, 2010.
- Project cost is about $8 - $10million and will provide a 16 bed hospital in addition to GOPD, Accident and Emergency and Dental Services.
Government House And Thurston Garden Perimeter Fencing
- Construction works on this project have been well advanced.
- Contractors have advised that the project should be completed by January – February 2011.
- Project cost is $2.92 million.
Somosomo Mini-Hydro Project, Taveuni
- A five member technical team visited Fiji in October 2010 to complete a mission to finalize preliminary design for this project.
- Technical parameters for this project had changed owing to variations in native land boundaries previously allocated for the project.
- Project preliminaries such as the Environmental Impact Assessment and land acquisition have been cleared.
- Phases to follow include finalization by the Chinese side on design and construction contracts.
- Implementation on the ground is scheduled for 2011.