The Office of the Prime Minister invites suitably qualified and eligible applicants for the following positions:
PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER – OPM 12/2019
SALARY: $22,528.74 to $28,883.00
The position assists with all public relations and client support activities of the Office of the Prime Minister. It also assists in providing accurate advice to the Management and the Heads of Department in terms of information dissemination with reference to the media (print, radio, TV and websites).
In addition to a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Management & Public Administration or similar, the Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Three (3) years of work experience in communication and public relations or similar; and
- Understanding of the Fijian Constitution (2013) and applicable laws of Fiji.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- A self-starter, innovative, creative, flexible and be able to work within the timeline to achieve results;
- Demonstrated research, analytical, problem solving and advisory skills;
- Ability to develop and interpret statistical data for reporting purposes;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team;
- Ability to solve problems in a resource constrained environment;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and neutrality in a sensitive environment;
- Ability to use Computer Programs such as Microsoft Soft Word, Excel and Power Point and able to meet tight deadlines in particular with planning, reporting and information dissemination; and
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the Operational/Corporate environment of the Ministry.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
- Build, maintain and sustain professional relations with stakeholders, suppliers and customers through timely communication that enables delivery of activities within agreed timeframes; and
- All reports are submitted within the agreed timeframes, and meet the standard reporting requirements, including analytical trends, analyses of data and any recommendations for improvement.
Personal Character and Political Neutrality
Applicants for employment in the Office of the Prime Minister must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance as a condition of employment.
The Office of the Prime Minister is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants. Only the specific knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required for the job will be considered in assessing the relative suitability of applicants
All applicants for employment in the Office of the Prime Minister must be of good character, with a background that demonstrates their commitment to the public service values contained in the Fijian Constitution. Applicants must also be Fijian Citizens, under age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Ministry is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants. All applicants must address the specific Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities (KESA) required for the job, as this criteria will be considered in assessing the relative suitability of applicants.
All applications to include recent Curriculum Vitae (CV) with copies of certified academic certificates and transcripts, at least three referees with one being the current or recent supervisor and a covering letter of no more than three pages. Applicants that do not meet the addressed KESA (Selection Criteria) will not be considered. Separate applications for each position should be submitted if applying for more than one position.
To apply and be eligible for consideration, applicants must submit the following four documents only:
1. You must complete the application form and sign the declaration at the end of the form. The application form can be downloaded from the Office of the Prime Minister Website on the link: http://www.pmoffice.gov.fj/jobs/forms/ or by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
2. A signed cover letter addressing the Knowledge, Experience, Skills, and Abilities required (as stipulated in the Role Description available from the Ministry Website above) for the position; no more than two (2) pages.
3. A current CV/Resume with referee contact details.
4. Certified copies of transcripts with GPA and certificates.
Applications for the positions must be submitted BY 4.30pm, JULY 24, 2019 and addressed to:
|Applications by Post:
Office of the Prime Minister
GPO 2353, Government Buildings, Suva, Fiji
|Hand Delivered Applications:
“Vacancy Reference Number”
The Registry Unit
Office of the Prime Minister
Level 3, New Wings
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For enquiries, please contact Ms. Angeline Mala on 3211297 or Ms. Mereani Lotawa on 3211652.
FULL JOB DETAIL
JOB APPLICATION FORM