Executive Support Office (ESO)
The Executive Office/Permanent Secretary’s Office provides executive support to the Honourable Prime Minister and Permanent Secretary by:
- Ensuring the success of the Hon. Prime Minister’s bilateral meetings, and regional and international engagements;
- Ensuring that all departments within the Office of the Prime Minister provide timely, strategic and expert advice to the Permanent Secretary;
- Carrying out vigilant oversight in the implementation of objectives of the divisions of the Office of the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Sugar and Immigration Department;
- Continuous engagements and liaison with Ministries under the Hon. Prime Minister’s portfolio;
- Continuous liaison with Permanent Secretaries on instructions and directives of the Hon. Prime Minister;
- Ensure that the Hon. Prime Minister’s speeches and messages are prepared and ready in advance;
- Ensure that re-engagement requests, official overseas releases and appointments that require the Hon Prime Minister’s decision is attended to in a timely manner.
The Executive Office’s main activities are carried out at the Executive Support Office (ESO). The activities include:
Facilitation and Logistics:
- Facilitation of invitations;
- Recording of all minutes;
- Preparation of PS’s talking points and speeches;
- Secretariat for PS & DS meeting and facilitation of meeting logistics;
- Facilitation of internal meetings, stakeholders meetings and membership meetings;
- Facilitate travel logistics for the Hon. Prime Minister and Permanent Secretary on overseas tours (itinerary, e-tickets purchases, liaise with Foreign Affairs on logistical issues etc.).
Monitoring and Follow Through:
- Follow through of actions on complaints for the Hon. Prime Minister and PS from tours, from visits to ground floor/to his residence and those that call the Hon. Prime Minister and from correspondences to OPM;
- Follow through with Permanent Secretaries on the Hon. Prime Minister’s speeches for events/functions;
- Follow through with Deputy Secretaries and HODS on duties assigned to them by PSOPM.
- Preparation of minute briefings and issues raised to the Hon. Prime Minister and PS, and providing recommendations;
- Preparation of Quarterly Reports: Speeches and Messages Report; PS Hour, PS &DS Meeting and Stakeholders Meeting;
- Preparation of Individual QPA;
- Prepare reports before and after PSOPM’s trips on issues for places PS visits.